|Course Length: 4 – 5 Hours *||Ammunition Required: 300 Rounds Minimum||Class Tuition: $90
Non-Refundable Deposit: $50
This is not an entry level course; students are expected to have already mastered all basic handgun skills, safety, and foundational shooting drills. The student MUST know and be able to demonstrate how to safely load, fire, and unload a handgun as well as have demonstrated competence in working from a holster and performing reloads.
The Defensive Handgun Class is a fast-paced class and will increase your semi-automatic handgun manipulation skills with regards to the defensive use of a semi-auto handgun.
Participants will develop and practice skills essential to anyone who employs a semi-auto handgun for concealed carry, personal defense, or home defense.
Drills will include:
- Handgun Manipulation
- Searching and Assessing
- Multiple Threat Engagement
- Failure to fire (FTF) drills
- Presentation Techniques
- Defensive Aiming Techniques
- Proper Shooting Stances
- One-Handed Techniques
- Reloading Techniques
- Alternate-Hand Shooting
- Various other defensive handgun skills
You’ll also learn skills and tactics necessary to persevere over aggressive attackers if forced into a life-threatening encounter.
This is an intermediate level class. Participants MUST know and demonstrate safe handgun handling, weapon system familiarity, foundational marksmanship skills, and working from a holster. Students must pass a pre-course evaluation to participate in the training.
This four to five hour class is taught exclusively on the range. Class Starts at 9:30am
Remaining Balance to be paid the day of training: $40
- A quality Semi-Automatic Pistol in good working order with a minimum of 3 magazines
- Quality Dominant Side, Hip-mounted or Belt-mounted holster and magazine pouch(es)
- Long pants with functional pockets and belt loops
- Sturdy Belt capable of supporting the weight of a loaded handgun plus multiple loaded magazines
- Closed toe shoes suitable for rapid movement and turning (no flip flops or sandals)
- Crew neck (T-shirt) or button-up shirt (no low-cut neckline)
- Clothing suitable for wear in any weather condition
- RAIN GEAR
- Hearing Protection (Electronic Hearing Protection is Highly Recommended)
- Wrap-around Eye Protection, Polycarbonate Lenses, or Non-Shattering Prescription Glasses
- Brimmed Hat (baseball or contractor-type is OK)
- NO LESS THAN 300 Rounds of FACTORY Loaded Ammunition; NO RELOADED AMMO.
- At least Five (5) Dummy-Rounds (aka: Training Rounds, Snap Caps, etc)
- A hydration system or bottled water
Note: This is NOT a class to learn how to shoot a handgun. It is a class for those who are already experienced handgun shooters who want to increase their skills and sharpen the ones they already possess.