Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we currently must restrict the CCH Classes to just ten persons. Based on the assumption we will only permit ten persons in the class, once filled, the given class will not allow you to register, and will no longer appear on our website as a option.
This is a certification course. The student MUST ALREADY know and be able to demonstrate the basics of how to safely handle, load, fire, clear malfunctions and stoppages, perform reloads, and unload a handgun without the aid of another person prior to the start of class. If you are unsure of your ability, we strongly recommend completing our Handgun Familiarization Class or equivalent before you attend our CCH Course or anyone else’s CCH / CCW Class.
Tuition price: $75.00 (NON-REFUNDABLE)
Please note: Class dates in the drop-down menu marked as “Restricted Enrollment” are for members of the group that reserved that class only.
Benefit from decades of real-world knowledge, training, and formal education. Through this comprehensive Concealed Carry training program, PatriotTAC’s CCH Course participants take their skills to a new level while becoming educated in the important legal aspects of concealed carry, use of deadly force, and a lot more.
– Practical Applications of Concealed Carry
– Weapons Retention
– Handgun Manipulation and Firing Techniques
– Legal Aspects of Firearms Storage and Transport
– Concealed Carry Gear Selection and Consideration
– Firearms Safety Concerns While Carrying Concealed
– Low Light Shooting Considerations
– Drawing / Weapons Presentation from Concealed Carry
– Search and Seizure
– Modern Defensive Ammunition Selection
– Court Proceedings and What to Expect
– Defensive and Tactical Reloading
– Your Legal Rights
– Firearms Safety at Home, In Vehicles, and at Work
– Legal Aspects in the Aftermath of Use of Force
Our Concealed Carry Handgun (CCH) Class provides training for responsible citizens who desire to obtain their concealed carry permits in North Carolina. The course is a fun, informative, and comprehensive 8-hour class with classroom training, plus a handgun live fire proficiency test on the range. Whether you live in Jacksonville, Wilmington, Richlands, or Emerald Isle, we’re the shooter’s choice for Eastern North Carolina.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive your certificate which you will need in order to submit along with your application for your North Carolina CCH Permit.
Whether you’re an advanced shooter or still in the developmental phases of defensive handgun skills, this course will teach a lot about legal carry, defensive concepts, and shooting from the concealed carry.
Unlike most other “CCW Classes”, our CCH course focuses on what most in Onslow County need the most; LEGAL ISSUES Training. Our instructors spend the majority of the class time explaining reciprocity, the laws, how they’re applied in courts, and what you would have to know if you were forced to use deadly force.
Reserve your seat now. Please choose a course date.
Course Start Time: 8:30am (9:00 am for Jacksonville location)
Unless renting a handgun from us, you MUST bring the following items:
– Handgun. A quality handgun which is clean, properly lubricated, and without defects (We highly recommend the use of a semi-auto for this course)*
– Magazines. Enough Magazines to load all 30 Rounds (or TWO speed loaders if using a revolver).
– Ammunition. Thirty (30) rounds of the correct ammunition for the handgun you intend to shoot during the live fire qualification.
– Holster. A quality, rigid, strong-side directional holster which covers the trigger guard. (NO Cross draw or Shoulder Holsters, No nylon, soft or Blackhawk Serpa holsters allowed. NOTE: You will NOT need a holster for the CCH Class held in Jacksonville, NC).
– Magazine Carrier (pouch) to hold your spare magazines or speed-loaders (optional).
– Eye and Ear Protection (If wearing prescription lenses, they must be shatter resistant).
– Comfortable Clothing suitable for the season including RAIN GEAR just in case.
– Belt: Sturdy enough to support the weight of a handgun, holster, and magazines/ammo.
– Hat. A brimmed hat to deflect ejected empty cartridge cases.
If you do not have all of the items above, please take a look around our on-line store to purchase the items you need and, as long as we have them in stock, we’ll deliver the purchased items to you during the course.?
If renting a handgun from us for this course, we will provide you with a 9mm Glock or other comparable pistol, two magazines, a G Code holster, a G Code magazine carrier, and the ammunition required for the live fire range qualification; all for just $25 more.
Please Note: This is NOT a “learn how to shoot a handgun” course. To attend this certification course, you MUST ALREADY know and be able to demonstrate how to safely handle, load, fire, clear malfunctions, perform reloads, and unload handguns independently and without the aid of another person. You don’t have to be an expert with handguns, but you must demonstrate your ability to carry out and apply ALL of the fundamentals of safe weapons handling and marksmanship. If you’re not sure about your competence level, contact us before registering.
*The full amount of the course tuition must be paid at the time of registration and is non-refundable. Special pricing is only applicable on certain dates and based on availability. Register early as these classes fill quickly. Sorry, no rain checks. As special pricing is intended for specific dates, moving from one course date to another voids any discounted price unless otherwised specified above. See Terms and Agreements for more information.