Course Tuition: $100 Non-Refundable Deposit: $40
NOTE: THIS IS NOT A BEGINNER’S COURSE. *You must possess solid handgun shooting/manipulation skills.
The Personal Protection In the Home course teaches defensive / tactical shooting skills which cannot be taught on a typical “box” range. This intermediate level course enables experienced shooters to move to cover, shoot from behind barricades, develop and employ advanced Flash-Sight-Picture skills, and much more.
You will learn about the proper mindset, legal issues, decision-making under pressure, and planning for the worst. This course is designed around the use of the defensive pistol where standard marksmanship skills will not work, and will better enable you to survive a felonious attack whether in or outside of your home.
Topical areas include:
1. Defensive Shooting / Rapid Engagement
2. Defensive Handgun Skills
3. Firearms and the Law: Possession, Ownership, and the Use of Deadly Force
4. Strategies for Preventing a Home Invasion
5. Responding to a Violent Confrontation
6. Handgun Considerations for Personal Defense
7. Three hours of Range Shooting
Included in the tuition price you will receive the NRA’s Guide to Personal Protection in the Home handbook (a $20 value included in the price) and intensive lessons of defensive shooting, issues of self-defense, and other strategies for protecting the home and family. You will also receive feedback on your shooting exercises, and methods to take your skill sets to the next level. You will earn a National Rifle Association (NRA) certificate upon successful completion of this course.
Seats are limited and this course normally fills up quickly, so reserve your seat now.
Non-Refundable Deposit: $40 Balance Due on Class Date: $60
* Proof of shooting experience can be one of the following: NRA or PatriotTAC Pistol Shooting Course Certificate, NRA FIRST Steps Course Certificate, NRA, USPSA, IDPA, or other pistol competitive shooting qualification card, military DD 214 with pistol qualification, or pass a Pre-Course Shooting Skills Assessment the morning of the class.