Benefit from decades of real-world knowledge, training, and formal education. Through this comprehensive Concealed Carry Handgun (CCH) training program, PatriotTAC’s CCH Course participants take their skills to a new level while becoming educated in the important legal aspects of concealed carry, use of deadly force, and a lot more.
Our Concealed Carry Handgun (CCH) Class provides training for responsible citizens who desire to obtain their concealed carry permits in North Carolina. The course is a fun, informative, and comprehensive 8-hour class with classroom training, plus a handgun live fire proficiency test on the range. Whether you live in Jacksonville, Wilmington, Richlands, or Emerald Isle, we’re the shooter’s choice for Eastern North Carolina.
- Practical Applications of Concealed Carry
- Weapons Retention
- Handgun Manipulation and Firing Techniques
- Legal Aspects of Firearms Storage and Transport
- Concealed Carry Gear Selection and Consideration
- Firearms Safety Concerns While Carrying Concealed
- Low Light Shooting Considerations
- Drawing / Weapons Presentation from Concealed Carry
- Search and Seizure
- Modern Defensive Ammunition Selection
- Court Proceedings and What to Expect
- Defensive and Tactical Reloading
- Your Legal Rights
- Firearms Safety at Home, In Vehicles, and at Work
- Legal Aspects in the Aftermath of Use of Force
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive your certificate which you will need in order to submit along with your application for your North Carolina CCH Permit.
This is a North Carolina Department of Justice (NCDOJ) approved certification course. The student MUST know and be able to demonstrate the basics of how to safely handle, load, fire, clear malfunctions and stoppages, perform reloads, and unload a handgun without the aid of another person prior to the start of class. If you are unsure of your ability, we strongly recommend completing our Handgun Familiarization Class or equivalent before you attend our CCH Course or anyone else’s CCH / CCW Class.
Unlike most other CCH / CCW Classes, our CCH course focuses on what most citizens in Onslow County need the most: LEGAL ISSUES Training. Whether you’re an advanced shooter or still in the developmental phases of defensive handgun skills, this course will teach a lot about legal carry, defensive concepts, and shooting from the concealed carry. Our instructors spend the majority of the class time explaining reciprocity, the laws, how they’re applied in courts, and what you would have to know if you found yourself in a position in which you had no option but to use deadly force.
Reserve your seat now.
Please choose an available course date from the dropdown menu. Once a class date is filled, the date will no longer appear in the drop down menu.
Tuition price: $75.00
*** REGISTRATION for this COURSE is NON-REFUNDABLE!!! ***
Course Start Time: 8:30am (9:00 am for Jacksonville location)
The full amount of the course tuition must be paid at the time of registration and is non-refundable due to limited class space. Special pricing is only applicable on certain dates and based on availability. Register early as these classes fill quickly. Sorry, no rain checks. As special pricing is intended for specific dates, moving from one course date to another voids any discounted price unless otherwise specified above. See Terms and Agreements for more information.
Unless renting a handgun from us, you MUST bring the following items:
- Handgun* – A quality handgun which is clean, properly lubricated, and without defects (We recommend the use of a semi-auto for this course)
- Magazines – Enough Magazines to load all 30 Rounds (or two speed loaders if using a revolver).
- Ammunition – Thirty (30) rounds of the correct ammunition for the handgun you intend to shoot during the live fire qualification.
- Eye and Ear Protection – If wearing prescription lenses, they must be shatter resistant.
- Holster – A quality, rigid, strong-side directional holster which covers the trigger guard.
- NO Cross-draw or Shoulder Holsters
- NO nylon, soft holsters.
- NO Blackhawk Serpa holsters.
- NOTE: You will NOT need a holster for the CCH Class held in Jacksonville, NC.
- Magazine Carrier (pouch) – to hold your spare magazines, or speed-loaders (optional).
- Belt – Sturdy enough to support the weight of a handgun, holster, and magazines/ammo.
- Comfortable Clothing – suitable for the season. If venue is an outdoor rain, bring RAIN GEAR, just in case!!
- Hat – A brimmed hat to deflect ejected empty cartridge cases.
- If you do not have all of the items above, please take a look around our on-line store to purchase the items you need and, as long as we have them in stock, we’ll deliver the purchased items to you during the course.
- *If renting a handgun from us for this course, we will provide you with a 9mm Glock or other comparable pistol, two magazines, a G Code holster, a G Code magazine carrier, and the ammunition required for the live fire range qualification; all for just $25 more.